A review of Kayla Itsine's Bikini Body Guide
If you haven't heard of Kayla Itsines, let me be the first to tell you her workouts are amazing! This aussie trainer basically put all her time and knowledge into a booklet specifically for women who are looking to get that 'bikini body' toned look. Check out Kayla's Instagram here.... she is a walking advertisement for her program!
A few things about the guide
- The daily exercises only take 28 minutes, not including rest time.
- These exercises are all High Intensity Interval Training, or HIIT. The reason this works is because it's both intense cardio and intense strength building (anaerobic exercise) which boosts you metabolism by increasing muscle mass.
- You get 2 sets of 4 exercises per day (8 total)
- You do each set for 7 minutes and repeat again. So you do set 1 for 7 minutes non-stop, then set 2 for 7 minutes non-stop, then set 1 again for 7 minutes non-stop, then set 2 for 7 minutes non-stop.
- There are 3 HIIT workouts a week targeting different body groups, and in the last 4 weeks there are 4 HIIT exercises a week.
- On top of the HIIT exercises you also need to do low intensity cardio (like walking) for a few times a week, and watch what you eat (think more protein, less empty carbs).
The best part is ...it works! My sister and I finally committed to the 12 week program and our results were pretty astounding!
I didn't drop weight but I felt stronger, more toned, and overall just happy with my body. It didn't happen easily though. If you are considering buying her guide I would read my other post of tips to completing Kayla's BBG. You have to be committed, 12 weeks is a lot longer than it sounds.
The one negative I've heard about her guides is how expensive they are. Fortunately my sister and I split the cost, but I agree that it's a ton of money for a guide. I will say that it's a small price to pay if you commit to the guide because it really puts your fitness game on a whole other level, and you will be able to do this guide for the rest of your life. I still pick it up and bring it to the gym with me if I want my ass kicked.
All in all I would highly recommend Kayla's Bikini Body Guide to anyone looking to tone up, mix it up in the gym, or just try something new. It's tough to stick to but it's very worth it. Kayla is all about being confident in your own skin and gaining holistic strength, which is something I can 100% get behind.
You can buy her guides here or download her 'SWEAT' app and but the workouts there!